Monday

...seen it...scene it...







…so it’s Monday and I’m back from MV, the island of tranquility, and into the portico of cement…Houston!! smiles Yes, my friends, I had an AWESOME time in Martha’s Vineyard with the Woodlin Crew! My endurance was tested with the many adventures of kayaking, biking through beautiful towns with amazing panoramic views, riding the waves on the many beaches, catching a 31 inch “Striper” (fish) from the shore of Menemsha Beach, and just pure absolute enjoyment with the FAM!!!!

…i know we’ve all been someplace we would like revisit or share with others. somewhere pleasurable, calming, stirring or exciting. east coast, west coast, backyard, wherever?? What’s a “travel op” that u found special enough to repeat?

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY your back. I missed you sooo much. I can't wait to see your tan, pics and shells and sand and rocks that you brought me back...see I said ME. hahaha. I haven't been anywhere on vacation that was peaceful. I envy you. NO I ain't pathetic but I do. Spending time with fam and all. Going somewhere. I wanna go somewhere.

I find peace and tranquility in my room (when it's clean) its a place of serenity, smells and mood.

Mon Aug 13, 04:23:00 PM  
Blogger Khali said...

I have a couple travel ops that are faves of mine. One completely magical place was the smallest island in Hawaii called Kauai and the calming island of Bermuda! Both were "just in the nick of time" spots for me! By now, I figure I must be a water girl, because it awakens every sense I have....the smell is refreshingly soothing, the sound is musical (always different), and once you get use to it...it feels enormously comforting! So any travel tik you get where you can awaken your senses....I say go for it before it's too late!!!!

Mon Aug 13, 05:23:00 PM  
Blogger Humphrey said...

Back home to my grand daddy's back yard for some of the best "not good for you" bar-b-q that you ever tasted. Chicken, Ribs (Beef and Pork), Sausage, Links, Corn on the Cob (wrapped in foil on the grill) and I know you are going to laugh but TURKEY LEGS on the grill.

Now that is an OP I would like to revisit. I am about to call him right now.

Tue Aug 14, 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Southern Bound said...

The place is called Rose Lake and it's located in the southern most corner of Southeast Ohio. Follow me for a verbal visual, if that's a word? After a long peaceful drive through the country side, you pull off onto a small wooded parking lot (blink and you'll miss it). You hike about 1/2 a mile through the hard wood forest. All the while the birds and creatures are doing their thing, Suddenly, the hard wood forest turns into a pine forest and Mother Nature take a break and you hear nothing. Absolutely nothing. It will give you the feeling that you've stepped back into time and a knight on a horse will come out of no where or at least that's how I felt. Walk another 1/2 mile and the forest turns back into hard woods and life wakes up once again. I kid you not! Now you're looking at a steep hill and you rush down it, but not too fast. At the bottom you walk into a wall of cattails, but don't push your way through or you'll be in water up to your waist. Walking along side of the cattails and there are are open pockets to peer through and you have found it, Rose Lake. A lake so clear and beautiful. You could toss a quarter and still see it 15 feet deep. I would love to take that a special lady with me to see it and share a picnic. Oh, the fishing wasn't bad either...

Thu Aug 16, 08:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still living vicariously thru others vacations....I need to get a life!

Fri Aug 17, 01:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home