political reaction...
it’s nov. 2008, hilary clinton has been voted the first female president of the USA.
list your first reaction…
list America’s reaction once she’s running things…
it’s nov. 2008, barack obama has been voted the first black president of the USA.
list your first reaction…
list America’s reaction once he’s running things…
Labels: politixx
6 Comments:
My first reaction is that I am proud to have seen the day that this country actually votes for the right person instead of the white person.
Meaning...It has been very hard for the majority of this country to see past a man's skin color and measure him by his intelligence and his integrity. Electing a black man for president is the ultimate testament that the majority of the people in this country have finally reached that plateau. I would be proud to witness such a thing personally. it would prove that the personal sacrifices’ of people like King and Parks and the countless other black leaders were not made in vain.
My first reaction to Hilary would NO DOUBT be a pleasant surprise, although not particularly an overwhelming surprise. The world has accepted women’s’ noteworthy achievements more so than the African Americans’ achievements. “ACCEPTED” being the operative word here! Hence, my elation and and appreciation for the latter, an African American governing this country! I can assure you either one, would be better than what we have now. But there’s something about the compassion about our people, black people, any minority of people that gives me greater comfort.
There is a first for everything, and Americas’ reaction will spawn two things for sure:
Gender and racial controversy and a nation where presidency will no longer be spectatorship for some, but if not only to put their two cents in, it will wake the dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess I would be surprised. It would be nice to have a democrat as a President again, even though the democrat majority congress haven't accomplished much.
As far as the two candidates mentioned, I could not tell you if I would be pleasantly surprised. Hilary plays to whatever crowd she is talking to at the moment. I haven't seen enough out of Barak to feel comfortable. He has been in Cincy twice and has only spoken to the big money people. What about us po folks that will help you get elected?
I think the nation's reaction will be split like it has been since the Bush Administration has taken office.
I'll worry about what the president looks like when my son or daughter is not faced with defending this country against terrorist and stabilizing Iraq. Until then, to hell with what the president looks like, what is the president doing to keep our young people out of harms way.
I would be glad to see someone other than the "norm" become President of the US.
On the other hand, I don't think the person sitting in the Oval Office has a HUGE affect on the US. It's more or less our morals and our economy.
Well this is a WONDERFUL day, I see difference although not brilliance in BO; Hill is just a politician ya'll wake up and smell the DC coffee!! Truly I feel that's it's going to be Hill for Prez and BO for VP - we'll see. But it's really a good time to get involved in politics which DOES affect our every day lives - we all need to realize that and at least vote.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home