Tuesday

…what gives a city flavor for u?


is it that hole in the wall that only you and all the “right” people know, is it the food, the people, what? miami, chicago & new york city has it....what does it for you?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all that. I've not really spent any time in any of the other cities (deprived I KNOW) however for me it's the mixture of things. It's the ability to find the greasy spoons, dives, eclectic, funky places as well as the elegant, bougie, prissy places and mix up my dress and style at both. I like adventure so it's gotta have the air of exploration...

Tue Aug 14, 02:23:00 PM  
Blogger Breakfast at Tiffanys said...

You left out New Orleans. What gives a city flavor are the residents, the food, the smell (well maybe not New Orleans), the overall atmosphere.

Tue Aug 14, 03:50:00 PM  
Blogger Khali said...

Now that was a good one about N.O. Miss Tiffany! It ain't what it use to be...

Tue Aug 14, 06:44:00 PM  
Blogger Humphrey said...

I think tha flava for me is that which makes the city sexy...

Sexy food, Sexy sights and Sexy attractions... Now when I say sexy I don't mean it from a man and woman perspective. I mean it from an inside feeling perspective. Like when you feel that special way that puts an extra step in your walk or when get a compliment and it makes you feel extra special. That is what I am referring to when I say sexy.

So for me that flava is that place that gives me that sexy feeling. So far only two places I have visited gave me that feeling. Los Angeles and Chicago. All I can do is describe it as a feeling. I felt it at the club, I felt it on the town and I felt it at dinner.

Wait, did I answer the question?

Thu Aug 16, 12:25:00 PM  
Blogger Southern Bound said...

A vibrant and active night life, which would include plenty of jazz, awesome dining spots, great professional sport activities and multicultural arts & theaters. A city where the sistas can let their hair down and the men can feel a sense of pride without having to worry about being stopped for DWB. A place that gives one a feeling of inclusion for all regardless of race.

Thu Aug 16, 07:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's the food, the night life and the people. I grew up and live in Houston, Tx. I know the "hole-in-the-walls" and the "Hi-Dollar want to be seen places". The older I get, the more I prefer the "hole in the walls". Here in Texas, most women have a "Southern Belle" mentality. They don't say "Hello" and the don't make eye contact. I had a totally different experience in Chicago. The females there were very friendly and corgial. I really can't speak for anywhere else.

Thu Aug 30, 11:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home