Tuesday

...in pursuit of happiness

...it's been "a while" since i've written. if u know me, u understand. ...i've been travelling a bit, celebrated bday, and tryin' to help a friend whose goin' thru some stuff'...

which leads me this....

Can you trust yourself enuf to know that u can feel anything and recover from it? ...if that's too broad for you, let me break it down....

how well do u know yourself when adversity comes; and just when u think u got it down...how do u recover?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have watched my mother, father and brother die, when they all desperately wanted to live, and that makes it a little easier to remember not to waste my time. There are things I cannot imagine the pain of that I would have trouble surviving, like the loss of a child, or being burned and living deformed, but stuff like bad relationships, and people with sorry attitudes, I won't suffer that crap (for long)...I won't waste my time. For serious things, like death, and illness, I will just have to rely on prayer.

Wed Sep 19, 07:25:00 AM  
Blogger Khali said...

When adversity rears its ugly head, I cringe ....eVeRy SiNgLe TiMe! In fact it is a clear reminder that I am 64 inches of elements like water, oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus.....AND did I mention my SOUL!!! YES...that's the element that is affected most! There's no physical location for that elemental structure in the body. But is indeed affected. It is the place that houses our emotions-pain-happiness and joy. That's the element u want to protect the most....cuz when that takes a lickin', everything else is affected! and that's real!

One never really knows how what will affect them until its sitting in your lap. Or better yet, one hardly knows the long term effects of adversity. But having lived & learned for some time now,
your reactions may vary...but they are your choice. Choose well. And as for recovery....well, I ain't quite there yet. They say "time heals all wounds", but I sometimes believe "Wounds heal all time". So, your best recovery plan, like mine is "IN ALL THINGS STAY IN PRAYER"!

Wed Sep 19, 10:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...I'm gonna put myself out there.... I have a beard..yes..I said I have a beard, and I ain't no man! Now, of all the things that could happen in the middle of my life...diabetes, high blood pressure, dismemberment from an accident, or something...I have to say...a beard really isn't that bad...I mean...I can shave...yes there are a few scars, but what of it. This beard really doesn't hurt my soul. I am freshly shaven everyday and happy. So, I try to look at other things in the same way...for example...my mom used to say...I can be unhappy all by my damn self, so anyone that isn't treating me right can go straight to hell. And I kind of think that's useful information!

Wed Sep 19, 12:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that you can recover and overcome whatever you put your mind to. I have overcome, sexual assault,verbal, emotional and mental abuse. I have been abandoned. I have lost everything I owned including my children. I have lost friends (or who I thought were friends) I have lost jobs, employment, money and sometimes I admit in all of that I've listed...I"ve lost my mind. Hell I've lost me a few times and I am shamed to admit that I've been lost to my son for some years now only to be kickd in the ass in the last few months by him which reminds me to take care of MY DAMN SELF. So I KNOW that I can recover from anything because as long as I can inhale AND exhale then GOD ain't thru with my crazy ass yet!!! So alls I can do is get my ass up and MOVE FORWARD.

Some things and situations take longer to work through however they are worked through even when you choose to sit on your ass and whine about them. Choose a weapon...substance abuse, prayer, other people etc. they are all vehicles to get you moving through adversity.

I see challenges and I stop..."survey the room!!!" and then take a deep breath and JUMP into the deepest end of it and work my way through it. I get bruises and bumps but they are just chapters in my story being written on my spirit to share with someone else.

Thu Sep 20, 02:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home