
I read somewhere that “by three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and Third by experience, which is the bitterest”.
I must admit, I’ve had more than my share of the third one lately, hence the onset of “Reflection”. Reflection doesn’t always come with a welcome wagon saying "hey baby come on in”. At times it comes as a whisper & fades as quietly as it entered, never teachin’ you a thing. ….and then there are times when “Reflection” is greeted with a warmmm reception. …this would be one of those times….of course, a different venue would be nice…but nevertheless, I’ll take it.
I’ve chosen the following weeks to use this space as somewhat of a “muse” if you will to share my goals, difficulties and accomplishments during this time of reflection.
Someone told me today that the person writing this blog didn’t seem like the person they knew. I've got to be honest with u, it really didn’t bother me that the question was asked, but more so that they didn’t know me. Was it my fault they only know the surface me or do I owe the world another layer?
Please take a ride and feel free to comment…
Labels: heart rules, love yourself, reflection junkie
4 Comments:
Nice...however my response is that you don't "owe" the world anything. Unless...you recognize the balance of the Universe so you can't continue to receive if you dont give something of equal or more value.
I learned this through all three methods that you mentioned however I tend to learn by experience...Reflection is what happens when I share with someone else and that's my "giving" another layer to speak.
Sometimes in order to really get beyond who you were is to get NAKED with your soul and see what happens. It won't kill you honestly...some will accept you and some won't (do you really want the ones that won't?...hmm sometimes we think we do...)
Choose to create your own reality and if you don't like it...change it...
... just another traveler...
I disagree. Reflection is ALWAYS there to teach... Question is...are you willing to learn??? Hmm
WE get what we are. What we put out is never what we get. WE always get both what we want and what we dont' want...then we choose. Our choice is our own as is our learning.
Wisdom is that which after all the excitment and drama is gone it lingers...
I like those comments "anonymous".
Well...You don't owe the world a thing. But I do think you owe it to "YOURSELF" to be honest and express how you really feel openly.
I am dealing with trying to tell people "How I feel" without "crushing them" or "their self-esteem". It's called being a parent.
You don't owe the world, but be honest with yourself and whomever loves you for being yourself..LOVES YOU!
Learn from your experiences! I repeat learn from your experiences. We are like sheep that need guidance. We only learn by "rod and staff". Thanks for the "rod and staff" because it's when you are corrected, you know you are loved.
Thank you GOD for the experience, the bitterest. It made me better!!
I just have to comment - YES Ms. KayGirl - - you are much deeper than I EVER gave you credit for. I knew deep inside you were an eagle but it seems to me that you were putting up a front when I spent the most time in your presence. Or maybe since I knew you well, you've grown up. But the girl who writes here is so so so deep. What a refreshing change.
On the real, the surface you is all you should give most people. Is someone you barely know worth giving your layers to - - - NOT. I've learned that my layers are a gift that is not given easily and definitely not given to everyone. And for the gutter minded, I really am talking about my soul.
As for your reflection on experience being the best teacher (that's the bottom line), it is if you are smart enough to learn. Unfortunately I'm not one of those people. I pray that I've finally realized how horrible it is to keep learning the same lesson, heck some say it's just plain CRAZY to keep going through the same self inflicted pain. I'm there and I'm on my way back.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home