Tuesday

hot chocolate anyone?



I got up especially early today to run some errands before entering the j.o.b. In my rush to take care of business, I didn't realize I had put on a shirt that didnt quite match my pants, and to top it off.....I misplaced my makeup bag!

Anyway, I decided since I had some extra time on my hands, I would stop at one of the cooler Starbucks along the way and get me a hot chocolate. Well well well.....as I get out of my car, I see this absolutely stunning black man headed to the door before me. Immediately I thought, OMG...please dont let him turn around and see me. But just as that thought entered my head...HE turned around and smiled. I gave him a half grin, praying he would move along move along! LOL It was then he began ordering this mystifying multi blended mono syllabic ladened drink, proving that he was a true Starbuckian. He then stood back as if he were waiting to hear me top that drink! So, here I go...."Can I have a hot chocolate please....uhh...with whip?" In my mind I could hear an imaginary crowd let out a sigh of dashed hope. "Damn Kelly, you could have at least took it up a notch"!

After that anti-climatic moment, I decided to linger back at the sugar section where no one could see me and wait for my drink. Just then...two more handsome black men walked in with that swagger that only our men do so well. I thought...of all the days you choose to go to come here....this was the wrong day!! As the cashier called out that first gentleman's mystifying drink...he picks it up and walks towards me to add sugar to an already fabulous drink! Our eyes meet and we smile....he fiddles with the sugar packs but never uses them...he grabs stirrers, but drops them....he smiles again....and then I wondered...maybe...just maybe he is going to say something..... then suddenly I hear HOT CHOCOLATE WITH WHIP! ...all, damn!!!! Did anybody hear that? LOL

I could choose a lot of morals to this story like ....."if u snooze u lose" or "it's not the outside that matters - it's the inside".... but since I'm the author of my own moment, I'd rather just believe he was likin' what he saw....and that I'll see him the next time I stop in! : )
WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE?

2 Comments:

Blogger Southern Bound said...

Being a strong black man as the author so eloquently posed the question. After fiddling with my sugar that I didn't use and dropping my stirs. I would reach for the napkins, swallow hard, clear my throat and say..."Nothing". Don't you women know we want you to give us a sign first, especially after we've made a fool of ourselves twice. LOL

Wed Feb 13, 07:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you didn't tell me about this...

Thu Feb 14, 07:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home