Wednesday

I am a Delegate!!!!!!


I experienced my first Presidential Caucus yesterday!!! My (Democratic) precinct was held in the Hampton Inn last night, where the line wrapped around the entire building!

...so here's my story...once all votes were casted & the polls were closed....they had the caucus!!! It started at 7:15pm and I don't believe I got in the door until nine-ish. Whew, not only was I starvvving... but my feet work killlling me...but I persevered!!! ....to keep me company, I had my Columbus/New Jersey crew holdin' me down on a conference call on my cell with encouragement! 'Robin' giving me the blow by blow on Ohio's Democratic tally, 'Wendy' telling me to make friends in line so I can get nominated, and MY GIRL 'Renee' tellin' me "don't you punk out girl & let Texas down! LOL!! (thanks mamacitas)

After "caucusing", I stayed 'til 11:45pm to witness the process...I figured - what the heck! I thought it was a really odd format, but interesting. It kinda reminded me of jury duty in a sense (the format that is), and I kept getting this weird sense of the Brits choosing a member of Parliament. crazy huh? Among the crowd you would hear people mumbling and taking notes, anxious to see what this is all about...it was then that I clearly realized that my curiousity must have gotten the very best of me...IT WAS ALMOST MIDNIGHT!! : ) and just as I began figuring out this seemingly ancient resolution process, I was actually elected as one of the delegates for Barack's Campaign!!!!!!! ...this is how caucus works...http://people.howstuffworks.com/question721.htm

WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!
great website....

Obama beat Clinton by a landslide in the caucus process, as well as at our precinct!! Our precinct was allocated 30 Delegates. After counting each of the 333 caucus votes, they used a formula to decide how many delegates each opponent would receive. Obama had 260 votes to Clintons 73!!! So if you check out the formula in the 'pic' above, that meant the Obama supporters were entitled to 23 delegates and Clinton supporters got 7! Everyone in the room then had to divide into two groups. That meant the Clinton delegates had to duke it out for a nomination....but there were a lot more spaces for Obama delegates. ...hence MY DECLARATION!!! I jumped at the chance to raise my hand and get on board and made it!!! So people get ready....I will be at the state convention on Saturday, March 29th...can't wait!!!
Great representation guys!!!

I am now the grass root of American voters, A DELEGATE!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and so us little folk here in Texas that even encouraged you to take yo behind to caucus instead of going home and eating a salad gets noooooooo love. I see now where the love is...um hm...

I'm just hatin because I missed it being a responsible mom

Wed Mar 05, 09:56:00 PM  
Blogger Southern Bound said...

That's great news! I'm very proud of you. Next stop Congress Woman Kayster.

Wed Mar 05, 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Girl, where is my shallow mind, all I could think of was, "great place to find a man".

Thu Mar 06, 07:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kells!!

I knew you had it in you. Your life has always sounded very exciting to me but, I am a single father with (2) teenagers.

What do I know?

Thu Mar 06, 09:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go 'head, Kelly-girl. I'm so proud of you being part of the process! It's so exciting to hear what really goes on, a story that NO ONE seems to know about. I understand that the # of delegates is a fraction of the total # but why do they then multiply that by 30! Please help with the math on that one. What does 30 represent?? hmmmm

Thu Mar 06, 10:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You GO GIRL !!!!!!! Proud of you boo. I wanted to caucus but my old butt HAD to go to bed or I wouldn't have made it to work. I did partipate in the pre-caucus at my precinct i.e., we signed a paper stating that we supported Obama for yo Mama (my slogan honey - - don't steal it).

Sat Mar 08, 08:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home