Here we go….and oh….don't act like you've never seen it before...at work, in the media or even in the legal system. We get so wound up with folks keeping us down for things THEY don’t understand, that in the end...after we nurse & rehearse or even hoard & reward our own anger and frustration, we step outta the gates fighting, inevitably bringing demise to our own people! That's a FORMULA "that just won't quit"! (they create it, we perfect it) Wake up black America!
It was just a matter of time before Rev. Wright was gonna have his day...news conference...center stage... sound bites... etc. Question is….why didn’t he speak up from the ‘git go’ rather than now? Talk about resurfacing....'way to go rev'!! It's all about you now for real! We excused your comments the first time, b'cuz we knew what illusion America was trying to create, having not heard your entire sermon, but now???
THIS my friends, is how we get caught up in the game! Although a very intelligent man, Rev. Wright should have saved his impinging remarks until after Obama was nominated. Wright has made himself a spectacle in this case, much like the “nimrod” / BET founder and Clinton supporter Bob Johnson who condemned Obama back in January, by saying he was insulted with Obama’s rhetoric with black voters.
Labels: politixx
5 Comments:
After the disappointing Pennsylvania primaries, I took a break from CNN and the rest of the news media. So on Monday when I tuned back in, I was sucker punched in the gut and hit over the head with a baseball bat by Reverend Wright’s comments. Once, I regained consciousness, picked myself up, dusted off my clothes and cleared my head. I could only fathom that Dr. Wright was acting like some soiled and hurt little child who left the playground because he felt dissed by his friend and now wants to hurt him anyway he can. Way to go, Bro. Sometimes, we have to forget about the, me (Rev. Wright) and concentrate on the them (the welfare of the American people, especially the black people). For the greatest of all the principles in the Bible is Love.
Let me explain, “though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor (30 plus years of ministry), and though I give my body to be burned (to endure and suffer criticism), and have not Love, it profited me nothing. Love suffers long, and is kind, Love is not envious, Love is not arrogant, is not puffed up (full of yourself). Does not behave unseemly (speak out against your brother in Christ who views you as a uncle), seeks not its own (will or desire), is not easily provoked, rejoices in sin, but rejoice in truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes in all things and endures all things. Love never fails.”
Dr. Wright forgot who he was supposed to represent, The Holy Father.
In closing, it is my sincerest hope that the American people (white male-blue collar workers and lower-middle income, with little to none college education) can see through this firestorm and keep their eyes on the prize. The Audacity to Hope!
Amen to that Southernbound!
I even heard that Rev. Wright was warned not to pursue this by several pastors, but went ahead and bit the bullet anyway!!! And now he has engagements pouring in to speak all over the ding dang country...next stop DALLAS, TX! He's hitting the bible belt....notice anyone??? Seriously, you would think he was running for a presidential nomination! His ego is on a roll now baby....maybe he'll pick up some freakin' delegates along the way!!!!
But let's all remain hopeful for and FOCUSED on Barack Obama in his magnificent pursuit for presidency!!! Now there's a man with COURAGE and CLASS!
And while I'd like to end this on a positive note...I have to stress to everyone, to still pay attention to old Billary and her shady behind! Notice she's saying nothing right now...which is JUST HOW SHE ROLLS! but just wait until somethin' goes down with her or she loses in the next primary...I promise she will bring this crap up like it just started!!!!
thanks for listening! kw
In a phrase "Whole situation sucks!!" Rev. Wright is being selfish, in my opinion, and not looking at the whole picture. The poeple in this country whom didn't have a voice or hope felt some HOPE...they are the one's who get "shafted" here.
I wish Rev. Wright would just go somewhere in "sit down"!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home