What does this really mean? I know the cage represents a metaphor....but is it really?
Although I'd like to believe I surge toward the bars, I sometimes miss. But even missing the bars has created growth. Realistically, the only limits I own are the one's I (myself) create. I realized that for the first time at the end of my freshman year in college. I clearly remember regretting the limited amount of schools to which I applied, the GPA I settled for, studying English rather than the Arts... and not polishing my french long enough to travel abroad. All of these things were options, but I was occupying the middle of my cage.
what-was-i-thinking?
After a rash of discomfort, I started moving closer to the bars (the caged ones, not the liquid ones) lol.... I took every french class offered - even participated in a french play, I joined a group called 'InterNAT' which met every Wednesday and spoke nothing but FRENCH, I took modern dance as an elective, writing as a passion, and tried like hell to find summer jobs in any other state but my own! Talk about surging toward the bars...by this time it had become a way of survival...a sort of a pinch me I'm alive kinda thing. Even now I don't always get it right,
but I absolutely get the picture!
(kw)
3 Comments:
My surging towards the bars has left me with a cage full of pieces at times. I begin and don't finish. therefore one may find piles of shells in the corners where I began to chew on new adventures and stopped just short of busting free.
I am only NOW beginning to prioritize and define what does my surge look like. I was so content to allow others to tell me which way to grow that I am all bruised up from banging all over the damn...cage.
but still I spread my wings fluttering about in captivity...unhappy with the interior of where I sit...so I seek to fly...so I seek to fly
Yuts, daw palagpat imo blog.
To the owner of this blog, how far youve come?You were a great blogger.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home