Wednesday

Well Done Obama!

Rather than get into the political arena and discuss who will be Obama’s running mate or debate on the backhanded compliment Clinton gave Obama in her speech last night, let me touch on the definition of ‘proud’. And in case you need a visual, just check out Michelle’s face above!

By Webster’s definition, the word ‘proud’ means… “highly honorable; stately; creditable; full of vigor and respect”. I am not a wordsmith, but for me ‘proud’ is an emotion laced with memories of events and accomplishments gone by and hopefully the one's to come.

My first recollection of feeling proud, was the day I learned how to tie my shoes. I remember it like it was just yesterday. My second memory of feeling very proud was when I was finally brave enough to let go of the handlebars on my bike and rode FREEEEEE…. Moving forward, as I got a little older, I felt proud when my parents participated in the Black Power Movement in the 60’s, I also felt proud when my mom came up to my 3rd grade class and firmly demanded that I be placed in advanced classes, I felt it when a big accounting firm asked me to move to New York, God knows I felt it when I lost my fear of driving, I felt it when I held my own after my divorce, I even felt it when I use to think about my ex’s accomplishments….but more importantly, 'now'... I relish in it when I think of my own.
Today what I'm most proud of is of
our Democratic Nominee, Senator Barack Obama
and all of us who supported this enormous change!

What are your proudest moments? And if you don’t want to write them….think about them…they may amaze you!

3 Comments:

Blogger peacefulgrve said...

Hmm proudest moments..

Closing on my house;buying my dream car; Watching my son give the commencement speech at his graduation;watching him walk back into Howard University's freshman orientation;picking up my daughter after her first day of highschool; I would have to think more on the rest...I hope I have some.

Wed Jun 04, 02:50:00 PM  
Blogger Southern Bound said...

I have never been more proud of my country for not letting all the pundits, naysayers and the Clinton loyalist distract them from voting for the only true agent of change, Barack Obama. On the day that Senator Obama will accept the Nomination for President from the National Democratic Party convention floor on August 28, 2008. I also found out that his acceptance speech will be on the same date 45 years ago that Martin Luther King gave his "I have a Dream" speech. I use to think, never in my lifetime. Now we have an opportunity to experience more and more proud moments in our proud and Black lifetimes. I have never been more proud...

Wed Jun 04, 10:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

POSTED BY LITTLE LUE LUE - My 13 year old son and 12 year old daughter still believe that the best man or woman will win in any given contest! This time I hope it's true. I am so proud, I can feel it in every pore...it's oozing out of me. LOL!

Mon Jun 09, 09:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home