Monday

"sometimes things aren't always as they appear "

for example....i've never really noticed that the parmesan cheese i buy isn't really what it seems ....or at least not until a waiter comes over with fresh shavings of parmigiano reggiano!

they say there's passion in cooking....believe me, i know. i have a love-hate relationship with it. lately, i love it when its prepared for me.....but i hate it when i'm "La Preparer". (smiles). this weekend i decided after dining out way too much that i was going to create my own homemade pasta sauce. however, in my attempt to acquire just the right ingredients, not only did i come to the conclusion that i no longer care for the inferior parmesan...but my mind took a detour into the past; realizing that parmesan cheese ain't the only pseudo thang appearing real.... there’s another one....i’ll call him man. OH MY... am i really going there.....ScReeecH... now before u put me on your haters list….i don’t mean all of u. just some of u.

there’s one i thought i knew... and one i guess i never really knew at all. u see, it’s really odd how things come back to you while you're cookin'. u start to recall special meals, missed meals and ruined meals; u think of the one's you deemed extraordinary enuf to enjoy your recipes of whateverzzz; giving him the largest portion just cuz he showed up, and if you're not careful, you might just summon up that wannabe chef whose enthusiasm for cooking was met with indifference. ohh yeah… like i said.... there's passion in cookin' alright.

both of these men remind me of that cheese i no longer desire....that bottled up filler…that inferior version of the real thang made in mass quantities and aged in a short time.

(oooo.....dr. evil needs to leave the building!!!!! LOL)

what’s the filler in your life?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger peacefulgrve said...

I AM SOOOOOOO loving this blog. It's sooo TRUE. No it's not a male bashing ceremony and just to prove it...I recently made the same discovery. A friend I'll call HER...who I have known for years is like those low fat foods that we're told will make you fitter over time. all these years I had been carefully monitoring my "intake" of her in my life. Keeping the balance only to realize that she was one of the BIGGEST weights I was carrying in my life.
Here I thought all these years that she was good for me. A true and true friend but in the end she was full of artificial flavors and when left on the shelf too long,morphed into this self absorbed monster that finally showed the damage that had been done by my internalizing her. LOL!!

I have a million other fillers (as I'm sure we all do if we choose to look at write here about them) but I'll leave room for someone else's comments!!!

Tue Jul 22, 09:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home