Saturday
"le love"
ok...i couldn't resist adding one my favorite michael franks songs to my playlist! that said, i've cornered the lyrics for those of u who may be having a little trouble in "le love" department & may wanna turn up the sound a bit...
****.
When Sly calls-The prophet speaks-When Sly calls-The secret leaks-The sky falls-The dice are tossed-The war is won-The battle's lost-When Sly calls-It's thirteen takes-When Sly calls-The summer breaks-The sky falls-The rain begins-And on the box some Leon spins-To insulate me from the icy aftershock I feel each time when Sly calls-(Don't touch the phone)-I am not here I'm making my escape-The me you hear-Is magnetized on tape-I'm flying south-For snorkeling and sleep-(à Côte d'Azur)-Just leave your message when you hear the-(Don't you dare touch that phone)-When you hear the-(Don't you dare touch that phone)-When you hear the-(Don't you dare touch that phone)-When you hear the beep-When Sly calls-It's tit for tat-When Sly calls-It's rat eat rat-The sky falls-The thunder claps-I see my house of cards collapse-When Sly calls-the muse gets jammed-When Sly calls-The best laid plans-The sky falls-The signal fades-I lock the door and shut the shades-And contemplate the crystal blue familiar funk I'm plunged into-When Sly calls

6 Comments:
OK, I'm driving south on I-75 to Marietta, GA. Can't wait to eat some ribs and see the tall pines and red clay. If you don't know what I'm talking about you better ask: Feed Your Soul.
vowed I'd never post again..but stopped by on a whim and damn that's one of my favs... (don't touch dat phone don't touch dat phone)
hey Anonymous - i know, right? that song truly was my anthem many of days! sort of soothes the soul chica! (glad u stopped by) :)
...and Southern Bound - i'm right there with u on that drive! matter of fact, i wish like hell i could re-visit! (thnx for the shout out)
What does it take to get a song?
eb - i guess u have to be a connoisseur of sorts. we may let chu in! keep stopping by.
Some classic Michael Franks...love it!!
nupe 84
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home