Saturday

first crush-first concert,
a legend!
...when i was in third grade, the teachers gave every elementary student a project. it was to write our own secret message and place it inside of a red balloon. our next task was to have it filled with helium and during recess, the entire student body would let their individual balloons go up in the air at the same time. i don't really know the meaning of that excercise anymore, but i can only tell u that my note, in no uncertain terms was to michael jackson!!! now, keeping in mind that i was in the third grade, it said....and i quote...
{Dear Michael,
I will say yes if you want to ask me to marry you,
so please find me!
Love, your future wife}
i often wondered many moons ago, where that balloon finally collapsed, but for a long time during that year,
i was certain that it got to encino, california! : )
*****
michael, god bless u on the other side,
the universe misses u already..
(turn up the volume to listen to my favorites
from this legendary masterpiece!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Southern Bound said...

Please Lord, make me a bird so I can fly far, far, away...on the flip side. He was the greatest!

Tue Jul 07, 02:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...My MJ memories are seeing him in person. Maybe it was (2) or (3) occasions. First seeing "The Jacksons" at the Arena Theatre in the 8th grade. I sat in the front row!! WOW..I could see MJ moving and jumping across the stage and hear his feet stomping.

Next was "The Bad Tour" in the Compaq Center. He was still brown skinned...that was cool. 2.5 hours NON-STOP!!

But still my favorite live performer is "Prince Rogers Nelson". I have seen him 7 times!

NUPE84

Wed Aug 05, 08:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home