Sunday

I believe that paying attention to your body is very important. When your body is craving salt, it’s really needing chloride (which can be found in fish), and when you’re craving soda, you’re really craving calcium (which could be found in broccoli). And now that we’re done with that lesson, I believe that food cravings aren’t the only links to what the body is missing. I believe our moods give off significant clues as well.

For instance….my new gig! Unlike the last one, where I never needed an alarm clock to wake up… this new one is leaving me a tad bit confused! Frankly speaking, if I didn’t set my cell phone & alarm clock, I honestly don’t know when I’d wake up! My temperament in the morning is less than happy....so I have to ask myself….what is my mood telling me and more significantly….what link am I craving? ...more sleep, more challenge, more control, more flexibility…what? If nothing else, this definitely validates that there’s a lot to be said about how you start your day off. So if there is any chance of me recharging that positive energy that once flowed, I figured I’d have to start troubleshooting my mornings!

That said, this is how my morning ritual has been for four weeks: to save on gas, parking & to give this eco-friendly thing a try, I try to beat the heat each morning by “briskly walking” a city block to the train in this sahara-like 107 degree heat, sweating profusely & ruining my freshly coiffed hair and freshly laundered clothes, to potentially NOT get a seat on the crowded train and then be taunted by some drifter all the way to work. As a matter of fact, the photo above is the aftermath of someone else who was “briskly walking”, trying to catch the same train!! luckily, he survived minus a few injuries.
So what's my mood telling me??
It's telling me that the best possible scenario in the morning is to
.......DRIVE-DRIVE-DRIVE!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Southern Bound said...

Congrats on the new gig!!! As far as reading what your day is like. I know I need glasses, but my eyes aren't that bad. The words are too light for the background. So I can't comment.

Wed Jul 15, 08:40:00 AM  
Blogger Khali said...

sorry...southern bound..."i changed the wordz for u". how bout that?

Wed Jul 15, 09:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when you where excited about the possibility of taking the train to work.

northern cuz

Sat Jul 18, 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger Khali said...

ain't that the truth! ...it just proves that u we should be careful of what we ask! and lord knows i asked a hundred times over. NOT NO MORE GIRRRLLL!

Sat Jul 18, 06:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and on week five we still riding the train LOL

Tue Jul 21, 11:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home